Scofield Selectseal Plus is a clear concrete sealer with high-solid content, low-odor, self-crosslinking, urethane fortified acrylic and its designed to protect interior colored or uncured concrete.
Selectseal Plus utilizes unique waterborne proprietary technology that provides superior wet slip resistance while forming a tough stain and abrasion resistant gloss finish that is superior to most solvent-based sealers. It may be used to create floors compliant to various ANSI, ASTM, NFSI and UL traction standards.
Selectseal Plus can be applied by traditional, foam, microfiber or lamb’s wool applicators, as well as by conventional air-assisted airless or HVLP spray equipment. It can be applied over a wide range of temperature and humidity conditions without cracking, ceasing, frosting or gumming.
Features & Benefits
- High-solids, low odor water based formulation.
- Enhances concrete and chemical stain colors.
- Self-Crosslinking resin system delivers superior stain, abrasion, and chemical resistance.
- Exterior durable and UV light stable.
- Apply by brush, roller, or spray.
- Can be thinned for use as a clear primer.
- Will not gum or spider-web in hot conditions.
- Ideal for food courts, pools, entry and walkways
- Seals in color of antiquing stamp releases and stains
- Abrasion resistant topcoat over stains, and dyes
- As a concrete curing compound to reduce spider cracking and efflorescence
- Prevents dusting of new or aging concrete
Coverage will depend upon thinning, method of application, surface porosity, and the texture of the substrate. Full strength prime-coat coverage on flat finished concrete is typically 300–400 ft2/gal (7.4–9.8 m2/L), and will yield a dry film thickness of 1.3–1.1 mils. Thinned with 1 pint of water per gallon, prime coat coverage is typically 450 ft2/gal, and will yield a dry film thickness of 0.85 mils. Porous, broom or textured finishes will require more sealer. As a topcoat or for second coat application, coverage of 600–800 ft2/gal (14.8–19.6 m2/L) is typical.