How To Clean An Epoxy Floor
Help your floors stay sleek and clean.
One of epoxy floors' strongest qualities is its sleekness. The finish of a properly installed epoxy floor is solid, non-porous, and seamless. Not only does this make epoxy a beautiful floor, but it also helps with keeping your floor sanitary and clean. Cleaning an epoxy floor is easier than any alternative, making it a dream for business and homeowners alike. Let us help you efficiently and thoroughly clean your epoxy floor with this guide!
When you own an epoxy floor, it should be cleaned regularly, especially in commercial kitchens or other sanitary spaces. Epoxy floors being so easy to clean means you have to do less work to keep your floors clean!
What You Need to Clean Epoxy Floors
Epoxy is a popular flooring alternative, and it's easy to see why. Its variety of designs and customization options make it a visually appealing choice. More practically, though, its maintenance is effortless due to its non-porous and seamless finish. Here's what you need to clean your epoxy floors:
- Microfiber Cleaning Pad, or Mop. At EpoxyETC, we have Cotton Mop Heads you can trust to clean your floors. We also have a Microfiber Floor Care Kit if you want to ensure an even cleaner floor.
- Warm water in a bucket.
- Mild soap or cleaning solution.
- Soft brush vacuum.
- If you want an even more exhaustive and deeper clean, we recommend the Simix Multi-Surface Ceramic Coatings cleaner.
Using these tools and the information from this guide, you can keep your floors clean easily!
How To Clean An Epoxy Floor
Cleaning an epoxy floor is easy because it helps you fight it, but there are some things you should be aware of. When wiping up spills and dirt on the spot, you should use a soft, even microfiber, dry cloth. Remember to rinse thoroughly with clean, warm water after you apply and cleaning products to your floor. When you do apply cleaning products, make sure you avoid harsh chemicals; as strong as epoxy is, it's better to prevent any unnecessary future damage!
Guide to Cleaning Epoxy Floors
- Remove any loose debris by vacuuming with a soft brush attachment, or sweeping.
- Prepare your cleaning product. You can use the Simix Multi-Surface cleaner, or you can use a bucket of warm water and a mild cleaning solution.
- Prepare to mop by dipping the cotton head into your bucket of diluted cleaning solution. Make sure to wring it out, you want the mop to only be slightly damp.
- Work in small sections while mopping your floor to ensure that you thoroughly clean each part.
- After cleaning it thoroughly, rinse away your cleaning solution with clean, warm water.
- Dry your floors either by air drying, with a Microfiber pad, or other soft, dry cloth.
Preventing Dirty Epoxy Floors
Preventing dirt from collecting is the easiest way to combat having to clean, even though you still should clean regularly! Epoxy will help you, not fight you, when it comes to dirt prevention. Its seamless, non-porous finish barely leaves any space for bacteria or grime to collect. Here are some extra steps you can take to protect your floors:
- Use entry mats & rugs to prevent unnecessary outside dirt from coming in.
- Use furniture mats to prevent moving scratches.
- Don't let spills, especially oil, set in! Try to wipe them up as soon as you see them.
- Avoid exposing your epoxy floor to sharp objects that could create scratches.
Epoxy is incredibly strong and durable, but that doesn't mean you should be careless with it if you want to keep it sleek and clean! Follow these tips and you can keep your floors scratch-and-dirt free more effectively.
Learn to Install a Seamless Epoxy Floor
Cleaning is a small part of working with epoxy for flooring contractors. When you install epoxy floors the right way, you can actually prevent dirt collection from the start! With our 5 day Epoxy Classes program, experienced flooring professionals will help guide you through the ins and outs of working with epoxy. In the program, we will teach:
1. Cleaning, maintaining epoxy floors
2. Epoxy floor installation
3. How to price your flooring services
Sign up and we will help you kick start your flooring career!
Cleaning your floor has never been easier than with epoxy. From stubborn stains to everyday dirt and grime, epoxy's sleekness is a massive help to keeping your floors clean. With the help of this guide, regular cleanings help keep your floors sleek, clean and safe!
If you're a flooring contractor with any epoxy questions, or just interested in maintaining your epoxy floor, call our technicians at (954) 287-3797. For any flooring contractors looking for resources and materials for their installations, our EpoxyETC online store offers competitive prices on great quality products.